BV operates solely as an independent certification and auditing consultancy and wants to help businesses create a global certification system to protect personal data.
We will offer three levels of certification:
Privacy Checked/Privacy by Design Certification
- Awards businesses a “Privacy by Design” label for using a specific product or service design, a data architecture, and de-identification or similar methods.
- Lets businesses begin the privacy certification process without redoing their entire IT architecture.
- Is more accessible for some businesses.
- An international label — independent of local compliance requirements.
- Lets businesses focus on their data management system, without undergoing technical audits of resources.
- Sets up a continuous improvement process for privacy.
- Can be tailored along the lines of the corporate social responsibility (CSR) model.
- Applies to all types of businesses.
European Union Regulation (GDPR) Certification
- Addresses Article 39 of the E.U. General Data Protection Regulation.
- Is awarded based on guidance derived from the regulation.
- Voluntary certification for businesses.
The internal processes audited relate to data governance.
- BV certifications will be specifically defined by:
Region (France alone, Europe, U.S., Russia, China). The number and variety of regulations will add complexity for international brands.
- The scope concerned within the business: a division, a particular product or service, or the entire company.